Future Dates
for Your Diary

Confessions before Sunday Mass at Parlour 3
Aug 14 at 9:00 am – 9:30 am

To find Parlour 3, please enter by the Narthex and turn right, and go to the end of the Narthex, and through the door.  Continue past the lobby where the lift is situated, and through the next door.  Parlour 3 is then on your right.

Bible Study at Compass House
Aug 15 at 11:15 am – 12:30 pm

A 12 week course entitled The Big Picture, about God’s plan of Salvation from Genesis to Revelation, looking at major events and people. It involves watching a session on DVD, daily reflections at home, coming together to discuss our thoughts, with time for questions etc. One of the focus points is to see how this affects us in our lives individually, as Church members and in the larger world

Welcome to Worth Abbey Parish

For more information on giving to the parish, click below.
Parish Giving

Video live streaming of the Parish Sunday Vigil Mass celebrated each Saturday at 5.00pm can be viewed here. **Privacy Impact Assessment of Live Stream**

About The Parish

We, the parish of Worth Abbey, in the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton, welcome parishioners from a wide area.  We benefit from a unique location among the Benedictine monastic community of Worth.  We wish to become, by the grace of God, a strong Community, united in prayer to Jesus and to one another, by relations of love and commitment.

Our mission is to foster values of welcome and hospitality towards our fellow Christians, and to those of other faiths and none.

We are committed to service and outreach to the poor and those in need; to evangelisation; to the young; and to the protection of God’s Creation.

We seek to build upon existing work to nurture a flourishing parish 

To register as a parish member, please click here

Please remember that the green bin in the Parish Office porch is available for your food bank donations.


Highlights of the Worth Abbey Festival, Monday, 29th August, beginning with Midday Prayer at 1.00pm and concluding with Vespers at 4.30pm. Please make sure you arrive in time to take your seat in the church before 1.00pm.



Together with 3 friends, Leonora van Assche, a Worth Abbey parishioner, is taking part in a 25 km walk on  Saturday 6th August to raise money for various cancer charities. Please click here if  you would like to support Leonora and her friends.



My biggest fear is that once all our livestock are dead next it will be the women and the children.” Guyo Kala, Ethiopia. CAFOD needs your help to support communities facing hunger. Join CAFOD in praying the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary every Thursday morning on Zoom at a time when millions of families are facing a food crisis that could be worse than any we’ve lived through. Click here to find out more.


Holy Hour of Prayer for Ukraine every Sunday at 6.00pm – 7.00pm

Weekly updates

D’Arcy’s Organ Music for the Feast of the Assumption 13th-14th August 2022

“While he was saying this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, ‘Blessed is the womb that bore you and the breasts that nursed you!’ But he said, ‘Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!.” CAFOD’s Weekly Reflection based on the gospel for Sunday 14th August: Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary: Luke 11: 27-28 (Vigil Mass reading)

Prayer requests can be found on the Pastoral Care page.

Prayer Request



Tell the UK Government: fix the UK’s plastic waste crisis

The biggest ever investigation into household plastic waste has revealed that only 12% of our household plastic waste is actually being recycled in the UK. The other 88% of our plastic waste is: burnt in incinerators (46%), buried underground at landfill (25%), dumped on other countries (17%). It’s a scandal. It’s time the government got serious about tackling the plastic crisis.

Latest News

View All

Latest Prayer

God of Mercy,
We pray for Ukraine. For all of humanity distorted by war.
For all the lives lost, homes seized and peace broken.
May the Spirit of comfort and compassion envelop all who dwell in fear. May the Spirit of wisdom and humility enliven our global leaders. May we affirm the dignity and rights of all. May we seek peace.